Total Pageviews

Sunday 15 February 2015

Wellington BE Arena Eventing 12-02-15

Our first attempt at any of these BE arena eventing competitions.  I really enjoyed Blenheim last year so keen to go again.  Monty won an arena eventing comp at Merrist Wood in December so seems to quite like them and I like them as no style marks like you get at JAS!

I entered the 90 as a warmup because I know he can be sticky indoors and didn't know what kind of jumps they might include.  Walked the course and it looked miniscule after jumping 1m10 with Chris in our lesson the day before.  They had included some proper XC fences with tiger traps and logs, skinnies and gates following on from a course of 8 SJ.  16 fences in total, serious challenge for my 8 fence brain!


Needn't have worried, he jumped a lovely rhythmical SJ round and then just popped over all the XC fences, albeit giving the water tray a good look!  Came 5th as despite double clear we were 5seconds off the optimum time which was based on a speed of 375m/min.

On to the 100 class and they kept the SJ the same but changed the XC a bit.  A few tighter turns to make and I put my foot down as 5seconds is a lot to make up over a short, indoor course.  Missed my last tight turn so just galloped to the last!  Turned out to work in my favour as we were 0.44secs off the optimum time with a double clear and we won it!  10 points towards the league which should shoot us up to somewhere near the top of the league table and also £25 prize money which is always very much appreciated.  Clever clever orange horse!



No comments:

Post a Comment